Thursday, November 11, 2010

To Blog or Not to Blog?

So often my friends will tell me I should write, so I've oft considered blogging. But what to write about? Who cares what I have to say? Do I write of work - the trials and tribulations of a teacher of teens? Do I write of romance - as en femme d'uncertain age - I'm still clueless. Do I write of Disney - there are so many out there who seem to be doing it better than I ever could. Or do I mix it all up into random scribblings as the thoughts occur? Yes. It seems the latter would be best - at least in the beginning.

I begin this day looking forward to a Disney cruise I have booked for 277 days from now. He Who Has Made My Life Worth Living (HWHMMLWL) will be joining She of a Thousand Drawings (SoaTD) and myself. It's a new ship - the Dream will only have been sailing for 8 months by the time we board. I look forward to spa days and coffee on the verandah. Ahhhhhhhh... the verandah! Current webcam pictures from the shipyard confirm that the verandah for the room I chose (when only basic deck plans were available) is extended and HUGE. It is likely that future bookings for these rooms will command higher rates than we will have paid :o) You've got to love the little surprises life throws your way.

Oh life's little surprises - one must be sure to show gratitude when they are discovered. They make the days so sweet. And it seems, the more you acknowledge them, the more will come your way...

I learned a new word last weekend: schadenfreude. I had NEVER heard it before. I looked it up online. It fit perfectly with one of the little surprises I had discovered just a few days before. When Halloween is over and the fright remains... Ah - "Better you than me."

Was this random enough? - I could go on...

I blog, therefore I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment